Do you have strong passwords? They’re the first line of defense in keeping your online accounts safe.
Learn how to generate a reliable, secure password by following these tips:
1. Never use personal information such as names, birthdays or phone numbers
2. Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts.
3. Include a mix of numbers, symbols, and lowercase and uppercase letters.
4. Use at least 8 characters.
5. Change your passwords regularly.
And don’t forget, if someone asks you for your online banking information and they are not on your account: JUST SAY NO!
Learn more tips for better passwords from Consumer Reports.
For our members’ convenience, links are available in this website to allow quick access to other sites that may be of interest. Clicking on a third party link will take you out of Downeast Credit Union’s website to an alternative website not operated by DECU. The Credit Union is not responsible for the content of the third party website and does not represent either the third party website or the member if you enter into a transaction. Privacy and security policies of the website to which you are linking may differ from those practiced by DECU.