Downeast Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative created in 1941 for the purpose of providing additional value and financial options to its membership. We partner with our members and tailor our products and services to meet their specific individual needs. Our credit union is much different than a bank, with our sole purpose to continually improve the financial well-being of all members collectively – not just a few stockholders. Our credit union promotes a “People helping People” philosophy and culture; a culture where we serve people, not profit.
If you are a person who is interested in growing with us, then you might be an ideal candidate to belong to our caring and compassionate organization. We are searching for a full-time Centralized Loan Processor to be housed at our Baileyville Branch location. The chosen candidate will become an advocate for our membership and will assist our team in accomplishing all objectives associated with the “People helping People” philosophy.
The preferred requirements are as follows:
• Provide excellent member service experience by relating well to the member, offering products and services that benefit the member
• Fund a minimum of $1.25 million in loan volume each month and maintain a 0.25% maximum error rate on total loans funded
• Demonstrate knowledge of consumer lending products, services and processes
• Ensure underwriting criteria is within the approving underwriters limits
• Execute, assemble and verify accuracy of all loan files, ensuring compliance, proper signatures, dates and other relevant data
• A strong knowledge of applications such as MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Explorer
• Other duties such as cross training within other departments and assisting the loan sales team with necessary documentation
• Team player who is self-motivated, organized, and measures self against standards of excellence
• Kind, caring and passionate in helping others
• Actively participating and contributing within your local community
• High-School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
This full-time position offers a generous base salary, an 80% employer-paid medical plan, as well as a 100% employer-paid dental and life insurance plans (immediate upon hire); a 401k retirement program where the employer provides a 4% match (immediate upon hire), an average of twelve-paid holidays, and up-to five weeks paid vacation per year.
Donna Cochran, VP – HR, Downeast CU, 23 Third Avenue, Baileyville, ME 04694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also stop by any branch of Downeast Credit Union for an application, or download a copy here: Job Application
Equal Opportunity Employer
For our members’ convenience, links are available in this website to allow quick access to other sites that may be of interest. Clicking on a third party link will take you out of Downeast Credit Union’s website to an alternative website not operated by DECU. The Credit Union is not responsible for the content of the third party website and does not represent either the third party website or the member if you enter into a transaction. Privacy and security policies of the website to which you are linking may differ from those practiced by DECU.